Top Porcelain Tiles Manufacturer in India
There are many porcelain tiles manufacturer in India but very few are the best in them. Porcelain has now been widely used for making tiles for many years, modern production methods and quantities have made porcelain tiles available for the average household in recent years.
Although historically speaking, porcelain was not used for production of tiles, which were much more often made of earthenware or stoneware. The first porcelain tiles were made in China, for instance in the 15th-century Porcelain Tower of Nanjing (now largely destroyed). Here the tiles were used for walls and not floors, which stayed the norm.
WHY CHOOSE PORCELAIN TILES?
- Porcelain tiles are a popular choice for bathroom floors. Porcelain is a denser, less porous and harder option that provides much better stain and water resistance than ceramic tile.
- The main difference between a porcelain and ceramic tile is the rate of water they absorb. Porcelain tiles absorb less than 0.5% of water whilst ceramic and other non-porcelain tiles more.
- Plus, it’s suitable for radiant in-floor heat to keep feet toasty on cool mornings. Porcelain offers unmatched design versatility. Tiles can mimic natural stone varieties, such as granite and limestone. Newer designs draw inspiration from exotic locales and fashion runways, with surfaces that evoke leather, fabric, even animal prints.
- Porcelain tiles are stronger and harder than ceramic tiles. This is the result of a process that involves pressing and firing raw materials to create tiles that have lower water absorption. As a result, porcelain tiles are suitable for any application.
- PEI ratings are a quick and easy way to see which tile is suitable in your home depending on how many times the area you are tiling is walked over. The scale is 1-5 and the higher the rating, the more suitable it is to be walked over. Porcelain tiles are rated 3-5 which shows the quality of porcelain tiles.
HOW ARE PORCELAIN TILES MADE?
Porcelain tiles manufacturers make tiles by exposing clay to hot temperatures anywhere from around 2,300 – 2,400 degrees Fahrenheit. Unsurprisingly, porcelain is sometimes called a “high-fire” material for this reason. This makes porcelain stronger than ceramic, which is why it often makes a great outdoor flooring choice.
Finished porcelain is tough and bulky like stone but also has some key differences. For example, while stone is highly porous, porcelain contains no pores at all, resulting in superior protection against moisture and humidity.
THE GENERAL TYPES OF PORCELAIN TILES ARE:
- Unglazed Porcelain Tiles
Unglazed porcelain tiles are created by dry pigmented powdered clay that is inserted into a mould and then pressed and fired. This type of production creates porcelain tiles where each tile has a different pattern. Unglazed porcelain typically doesn’t require any further treatment and may not require sealing at all.
A structured finish can be produced by pressing powder into a patterned mould. The tiles then take on the texture of the mould. This type of external tile is extremely hard and resistant to wear, making it ideal for both domestic and commercial application.
- Glazed Porcelain Tiles
Glazed porcelain tiles are available in a variety of forms namely: gloss, matt or semi-polished. Glazed tiles can be created through several methods and the glazes can have either a solid colour or a pattern with a gloss or matt finish. After a porcelain tile has been glazed, it requires no further treatment or sealing.
- Digitally Printed Porcelain Tiles
Digitally printed porcelain is another type of glazed porcelain. This is the latest method of tile production which allows for natural materials to be photographed and digitally printed onto the tile to create images that are natural in appearance. These tiles do not need to be sealed.
- Full Bodied, Double Loaded, and Colour Bodied Porcelain Tiles
Full bodied, double loaded and colour bodied porcelain tiles are a type of tile where the colour and pattern of the tile runs all the way through the biscuit, with a single colour from the surface to the base of the tile. Double loaded tiles are made by compressing two layers of clay together. These tiles are great for high traffic areas.
PORCELAIN TILE CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Asiapacific ceramic is the best porcelain tiles manufacturer in India and is a one stop shop for all kinds of tiles and flooring requirements. Asiapacific ceramic is also a porcelain tile exporter if you require their services outside India. They have their own warehouse/showrooms in Croatia, Iraq, Saudi Arabia & Togo to facilitate trade